Canon EOS-1D C first digital SLR camera to meet EBU HD Tier 1 imaging requirements for broadcast production
November 12, 2013
TOKYO, Japan, November 12, 2013—Canon Inc. lately introduced that the EOS-1D C digital SLR camera, a part of the corporate’s Cinema EOS Gadget lineup of digital cinematography products, has been independently examined in response to European Broadcasting Union (EBU)1 requirements for HD content material acquisition.2 The checks discovered that the EOS-1D C is the primary digital SLR camera to fulfill the stringent checking out standards for HD manufacturing.
Outcomes indicated that the EOS-1D C offers “remarkable” HD decision from a 4K supply with “very low” aliasing, and “excellent” coloration efficiency and movement portrayal. The check outcomes additionally tested that the EOS-1D C camera device and its imaging efficiency agree to the really useful specification for inclusion in HD Tier 1 for HD manufacturing.three
A brand new free-of-cost firmware update for the EOS-1D C to be made to be had on November 12 will permit the camera to appropriate for inadequate peripheral illumination when geared up with assisting EF Cinema Lensesfour and make imaginable audio line enter.
Moreover, an more desirable model of the EOS-1D C’s devoted EOS MOVIE Utility software for Macintosh5 and Home windows,6 scheduled to be made on hand at no cost in late December, provides a Mac-model video playback operate and the flexibility to seize consecutive nonetheless photography from a video file.
Canon will proceed striving to improve the performance of its Cinema EOS Machine, contributing to additional increasing the realm of visible expression and the improvement of cinematic tradition.
- Based in 1950, the EBU serves seventy four contributors in fifty six international locations in and round Europe. It represents its participants and promotes the values and uniqueness of public provider media in Europe and world wide.
- EBU Tech 3335: Strategies of measuring the imaging efficiency of tv cameras for the needs of characterisation and environment (http://tech.ebu.ch/medical doctors/tech/tech3335.pdf)
- EBU Suggestion R.118: Tiering of Excessive Definition Cameras (http://tech.ebu.ch/medical doctors/r/r118.pdf)
- Supported EF Cinema Lenses: CN-E 15.5-47mm T2.eight L S, CN-E 30-105mm T2.eight L S, CN-E14mm T3.1 L F, CN-E24mm T1.5 L F, CN-E50mm T1.three L F, CN-E85mm T1.three L F, and CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
- Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in america and different international locations.
- Home windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Agency in the US and different nations.