Last minute Christmas Pud (hooray for microwaves)
December twentieth, 2013 by using LG Weblog UK
Turkey ordered, members of the family demonstrated, items wrapped and dinner desk set – the normal British Christmas requires a big dose of planning, making ready and cooking. Christmas Puddings usually require a staggered coaching programme starting in October / November, historically gathering the household collectively to each and every stir the mix and make a want, adopted by using an in a single day relaxation, steaming and storing) and tending to incessantly with additional lashings of booze over time to strengthen the flavour. In case you’ve simply received spherical to your Christmas meals keep don’t panic – your Christmas Pud can also be whipped up in an categorical 25 minutes, with the lend a hand of your LG Microwave Oven.
For your last minute Christmas Pud you will need:
• 300g good quality mincemeat
(should be available to buy in a jar at all big supermarkets this time of year)
• 140g orange marmalade (the coarser the shred the better)
• 200g soft dark sugar
• 3 tbsp treacle
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 4 tbsp whiskey
• 100g butter, frozen and coarsely grated
• 200g self raising flour
For the finishing touch(optional)
• 5 tbsp brandy
• 1 spring of Holly
• 250ml Brandy Sauce
1. Butter and line the base of a 1.5 litre pudding basin with greaseproof paper. Stir all main ingredients in a large mixing bowl, adding one by one until all completely and evenly mixed.
2. Tip the pudding mix into the prepared pudding basin and cover with a cut-to-fit circle of greaseproof paper. Place on a microwavable plate and set on a medium heat for 25 minutes.
Test the pudding is cooked by inserting a skewer – if the mixture is visible on the skewer continue microwaving until cooked.
3. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
4. (Optional) To flame, pour 4 tbsp brandy over the pudding, Pour one tbsp brandy and set light to this whilst on the spoon . Pour onto pudding so it begins to flame (NB. Keep away from children at
this point). When safe, insert sprig of holly into the top of the pudding for decoration and serve with brandy sauce. (Serves 4)
Happy Christmas from LG